Façade Inspection & Safety Program
FISP Investigations and Reports must comply with NYC 1 RCNY 103-04. SWARMP, SAFE or UNSAFE
Owners of buildings higher than six (6) stories must have exterior walls and appurtenances inspected every five (5) years and a technical façade report must be electronically filed with the Department of Buildings through DOB NOW: Safety.
FISP Investigations and Reports must comply with 1 RCNY 103-04.
9th Cycle FISP reports and investigations are to be more comprehensive and detailed, as the following is a summary of the rule changes:
- Physical examinations from scaffolding or another observation platform (“close-up inspections”) must be performed at intervals of not more than 60’-0”.
- At a minimum, a single probe must be completed along with each required close-up inspection interval. The QEWI must ensure that the number and size of the probes are sufficient to report the presence, condition, and spacing of wall ties. The removal of portions of the façade in order to facilitate the performance of tests may require a permit from the Landmarks Preservation Commission.
- Civil penalties have increased, please see link below for changes.
- Minimum levels of experience have increased to become a QEWI.
- A conditions certificate issued by the Commissioner must be posted in a frame with a transparent cover in the lobby or vestibule of the subject building within thirty (30) days of issuance. The certificate must indicate the most recent condition of the building’s exterior walls and appurtenances.
Please contact us for a free consultation regarding your building’s FISP history and needs.